Monday, July 6, 2009

Yes, I did survive and I have pictures to prove it!

So this is gonna be more of a picture post. I had a really good 4th of July. I think some of it had to do with the weather being amazingly cool compared to any other 4th of July I've spent here. It was great. So yeah, here's some pics... have fun!



I had to take a pic of this from the local newspaper that Scott works for. Did they really have to get a picture of a black family to go with the Michael Jackson story. White people like him too. It's just funny I guess being from CA and how funny they are up here. Love Tooele.

Here's Chloe making her "special" face while playing with a sparkler. We had a bbq with my parents neighbors and then we all did fireworks in their cul-de-sac afterwards. I love playing with fireworks. Especially when I have my dad's torch to light a bunch at once. That was fun!

I have never seen a grasshopper like this in Utah. Totally orange! We've had a ton this summer. Almost like a plague. They've been spraying a lot and I think it's helped. It's not too bad in our neighborhood.


Here's some kid band playing on one of the floats in the parade. They weren't very good but I wouldn't be that brave to play like that so more power to them.

This was the Tooele Transcript Bulletin (the newspaper) float. Some neighbors that Scott works with were driving the float so I took a pic of them. It's Fred and Amy and their 3 kids in the back. They're awesome people.


I thought it was cool that kids were riding on unicycles. The one kid there is the son of this lady that works at my ob/gyn's office. They're in Scott's home ward. I dunno how that kid does it!

This guy can been seen walking or riding this funny bicycle all around Tooele. He walks everywhere! I notice he was standing by us so I got a pic of him walking away.

One of my favorite floats. The abstinence float. One year they handed out bracelets so all these little kids ran around with abstinence bracelets. Because they so know what that means. Oh and it says "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby."

Ah the wonderful 9-12 project float. Love it. Look it up. Good stuff.

My favorite thing I've never noticed about the firetrucks. Not sure if they're all this way but it's a good thing they put their phone number on there cuz I dunno who to call!

This was sweet. There is a dude on the color guard. He's the middle one on that back row. Too awesome. Never seen that before.

I was able to get a quick pic of this. The red car is an old cougar. My bro-in-law's wife used to drive it but now her parents have it since they took one of their other cars. But it's a pretty clean car so I thought I'd post it. We all know how I love my cars.

Here's Charlotte sleeping at the parade. I dunno how she sleeps through the sirens and stuff but she's good.

Here's Scott and Charlotte at the parade

Then there's me and Charlotte at the parade.















1 comment:

Losee's said...

Hey! I'm glad you guys have joined the blogging world! I LOVE all the pictures you have of Charlotte...especially the ears picture...Autumn and Braxton are the lucky ones in our family to get those ears...haha...

I'm glad we can stay updated on what is going on with you guys!