Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip to Lagoon and farewell to the Wetzel's

Wow so much has happened in the last week. First off I got news last week that my friends 2 month old was in the hospital with bacterial spinal meningitis. Thank goodness she's doing okay and is recovering really well last I heard. So far her sight and hearing seem to be just fine so hopefully won't have any problems in the long run. Liz did tell me that they'll basically be checking up on her as if she was a preemie to make sure she develops the way she should just to be sure the brain swelling didn't cause any permanent damage. I'm just so glad to hear that she's ok. I've been so worried and I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it is for her to watch all this happen to her daughter. She is a strong woman! So things are getting better but we'll definitely be keeping them in our prayers for the next week. They're hoping she'll be able to go home next week once she finishes 2 weeks worth of antibiotics.  

Well after that news we had a busy weekend planned. First off was Lagoon! I have been so excited to take Charlotte there. I knew she couldn't ride much and wasn't sure how well she'd hold up considering she still takes 2 naps a day. But she did really good. She went on the carousel and the log flume. After the log flume she crashed which was when we happened to be eating lunch. But she did wake up at the end of lunch so we could get her to eat something. Then we went on Dracula's castle and Terror ride. Luckily she doesn't know this stuff is scary so she did awesome on it! She also rode the ferris wheel and the tilt-a-whirl. She was so funny on that gripping onto mine and Scott's shorts when ever we'd spin really fast. She was really good. I was so proud of her. So here's some pics from that fun day:

I had to take a pic of a couple really stupid signs there. I love the "do not sit on fence" one. Would anyone in their right mind attempt to sit on that fence? I think not. Then the "break glass with hard object." Really? I thought I'd try a stuffed animal... good thing they posted that, otherwise I'd have no clue! We had fun though and Charlotte looked so cute and tiny with her little lap bar.




So after that long day we headed into SLC on Pioneer Day. I really needed to get my rings cleaned and needed to do some grocery shopping. So we went to Jared's and they decided to dip my rings too since they were starting to show a little bit of yellow gold through. So what I thought would be a 15 min process turned into a 2 hour one. So we went to Costco for dishwashing detergent and to have lunch. Then we just drove around from Murray to South Salt Lake then up to Sugarhouse and back down to Murray. We just took our sweet time looking around at stores trying to kill time. I didn't have a cooler so we couldn't so any grocery shopping yet. But let me tell you, it was worth the wait. I love my rings. They're very simple and they sparkle a lot which I love. I love things that sparkle. For about $1500 we got both my engagement and wedding band and a lifetime warranty where I get 2 cleanings a year, they check the prongs at each cleaning, they dip it when it needs to be and if I ever lose a diamond it is replaced free of charge. So I'd say that's a good deal. I just really love my rings so much (I should too since I picked them out!) and just get so excited when they get all cleaned up. So I took pics. They haven't been dipped since I got 'em so they looked brand new!:

Scott was so nervous to pick out something I didn't like so he took me to pick my ring. I didn't realize how expensive it'd be so my diamond is a little smaller but amazing quality and I was glad it was cheaper because Scott wanted to pay it off before he proposed and was willing to pay $2500 but I opted for cheaper since I really wanted to get engaged and marry him. It's not about the size of my ring anyway. But he is awesome and this is what I picked and I love them. I just love the sparkle!

So after a long Saturday we had a bbq on Sunday because Scott's friend Daniel Wetzel is joining the Marines and his wife, Hannah, and their son, Mikey, are moving back to Missouri. So it was kind of a farewell party for them. A few of Scott's other friends were there too. It was good to see everyone and spend time with the kids. But we're gonna miss those Wetzel's. Here's some pics:
Charlotte liked sitting with Chad. She liked playing with his beard too. Then there's a couple pics of baby Sloan. That's Chad and Jonna's little girl. She's such a sweetie and I love that smile! Charlotte and Mikey liked playing with the guitar. I also had to get pics of Mick's dogs, Tim and Eddie... they're so cute. I had made a cake with white chocolate stars for a little decoration and dipped strawberries in chocolate and blueberries in white chocolate. Tried to make it all red, white and blue but since I only had food coloring and not good dyes it looks like baby shower colors. Also had to get a pic of Daniel with his newly shaved head and a clean shaved face... so weird without facial hair! We wish them all the best of luck especially Hannah since she's due in October with their first baby girl!

After the long weekend we could finally rest. We haven't been up to much since. I do have some collages of pics of Charlotte from the last couple weeks so here we go:
She is obsessed with watching Disney Sing alongs. She loves to sit on our bed and just watch them. Its all she ever wants to do. It's pretty funny. Just hard to get her to do other things sometimes. She also likes to stand on chairs if she knows I'm cooking (that's only when she pries herself away from the sing along long enough). She was playing while I made butterscotch cinnamon rolls with a butterscotch glaze.



If she comes outside when I water she likes to play in the sprinkler. She got so wet. She loves to play on playgrounds. She loves olives. She kept picking them out of a bowl I had on the table when we had salad for dinner one night. She loves to be outside playing. Whenever we go to my parents she wants to play outside. We found a praying mantis while my dad was watering. She loves corndogs and that's one thing she'll eat like crazy. She also thinks she knows how to plug in the vacuum by putting in in the front where you adjust the height. So cute. Too bad that vacuum is dead now.
These are her most recent ones. She helped me clean up her chair after lunch. When Scott and I went in our bedroom after getting her down for bed we found this stuff she put in Toby's cage. So silly. Her Aunt Chloe gave her a light saber thing when she was cleaning out her room yesterday so Charlotte loves playing with that. She also saw the fish when we were downstairs at my parents. I swear that goldfish keeps growing now that she's in a bigger tank. Glitter is turning into a monster goldfish.


So I think that's about it for us. I'm loving the weather this week. We've had some thunderstorms and its getting really dark right now. I'd love for a big heavy thunderstorm. Then I don't have to water the plants myself!

3 comments:

Missus Elle said...

you guys always seem to have alot of fun! I love your ring though, mine was about the same and I love the lifetime warrenty! totally worth it!! I love when it got cleaned the first time, its like you dont realize how dirty they get until they are cleaned...by the way I miss Lagoon...I wanna go!!!!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

i love all the collages! they are so sweet! :]

Audrey Spence said...

Lagoon is pretty fun. I guess they raised the price. Rick had to pay like $45 to get it. I don't think that's worth it. That's why we only go when we can get in for free. But still fun to hang out. About the collages, so much fun. Picasa is my new favorite thing. Can't afford photo shop so with all picasa can do for free, I'm good with that.