- We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
- We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
- We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
- We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
- We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
- We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
- We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
- We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
- We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
- We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
- We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
If you're not LDS you can also find info here: http://mormon.org/
I have a very strong testimony of the church. I know that Jesus died for us so that we may return to live with him and Heavenly Father. I know when we do what's right and are sealed in the temple we get to spend eternity with our families. I know all of the prophets, especially in this dispensation, have been called of God. I know the Book of Mormon to be true and can promise when you incorporate it into your daily schedule it will bring you peace and a better relationship with not only your Heavenly Father but with your family. Within the first few days of working on that goal my husband and I noticed a DRAMATIC change. I know that attending the temple can bring blessings beyond measure and will keep our families strong in the last days. I know that by paying our tithes and fast offerings and other donations will bless our families and you will always have enough for what you need. I know that one way to see people as Christ does and to love them as he loves them is to serve them. I know that the preisthood is power from God and can not only preform miracles but can keep families together when used wisely. Brigham Young said "The Priesthood … is [the] perfect order and system of government, and this alone can deliver the human family from all the evils which now afflict its members, and insure them happiness and felicity hereafter.” I know all of these things to be true and I have a strong testimony of them and can testify that keeping the commandments and obeying our prophets is the only way to be truly happy in this life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Yeah, I just bore my testimony on my blog.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment