Alright... part 1.... my siblings. I believe I mentioned before that me and my siblings are all 10 yrs apart:
Eric Gary Christensen 9/1/74
Audrey Marie Christensen 2/7/84
Chloe Camille Christensen 6/30/94
And my parents were born in '54 so it makes it really easy to remember all our ages.
For the longest time I thought it would just be me and my brother. I love my brother. I always looked up to him. I thought he was so cool. We used to wrestle with each other (we liked watching it too), we'd swim together. I loved when we'd swim at night in our pool and turn the lights off and he'd put his fins on and pretend he was jaws and chase me. One of our fun games. He saved me from drowning once. I was never allowed to play by the pool by myself and he was swimming with a friend when I fell in. I was riding my tricycle and the wheel caught the edge in the deep end. I had nightmares about it for years and was afraid to be in the deep end. Sometimes deep water freaks me out still. I just have to push it out of my mind. I love swimming so I can usually get over it. But back to my brother... I just thought he was the coolest ever. Once he left on his mission I thought I'd be an only child.
Not quite... my mom soon found out she was pregnant after he left. They never thought they'd have any other kids but Heavenly Father thought different. There was one little girl left to join our family. I was so excited to have a baby sister. Mainly because I wanted to dress her up and basically treat her like my own doll. Which I did. I had a blast with her. Until she was old enough to get into my stuff. When she was older she had the worst temper and would go through all my stuff while I was gone at school. At that point in time I didn't like her so much.
So my bro got home from his mission and got to meet his new little sister but wasn't home for long before he headed up to Ricks. So I pretty much only lived with 1 sibling each because of our age difference. Which worked out well considering our house was a 3 bed 2 bath. We did have the loft with the bed where my bro slept when he was there before he went to school. So it was me and Chloe for quite sometime. She eventually got better and we became friends. She was my buddy. She went everywhere with me. Before we moved her and I did lots of stuff together. We hiked together, went to the beach twice a week, went to the movies (we were there when Spongebob hit theaters... first in line, first show).... we were like best friends. When we moved she was there. We made a slip in slide with the plastic we used from moving. We played board games together when we had no tv or internet the first few days we lived in UT.
I'm so glad I have my two siblings. I love them so much and am so grateful they both live so close. I don't know what I'd do without them.
No comments:
Post a Comment