Friday, January 30, 2015

The last bit with lots of pictures

Trying to remember everything over the last month is not the easiest for my forgetful brain but I will use whatever pictures I have to try and help me. These will most likely be out of order and hopefully none are duplicated.


Little Jack Jack got sick the beginning of the month. I can't remember if he threw up this time but we was also just sick this last Sat night through Mon and was puking then. Poor dude. I pretty much got nothing done and he just cuddled and slept on me. He didn't want to be put down. Times like this where I am so thankful Scott works in town and can help with getting Charlotte to and from school if I can't get this dude in the car without him throwing up.




Haha, the face... it just kills me. He really isn't happy when he doesn't get his way :)




This is our Oliver kitty. Well not really ours but my parent's. He's so sweet. I think I mentioned before how he was living up Emigration Canyon as a barn cat and the owner just didn't want him to be alone up there with other wild animals that could eat him so my parents got him. He's a great mouse catcher and is super sweet and loves people. Sometimes he gets all hyper and that's funny too. He's a cute boy. At night my parents call him in so he can sleep in their garage to be safer. It's so cute to see him running from the barn to the house. Love this guy.


Charlotte got her ears pierced! Below I have pics from Temple square and we did it that night. We were walking through City Creek and walked by Claire's. I asked Charlotte if she wanted to and she did so we did it. It is expensive though! I wasn't willing to go over $20 so we picked the cheapest studs. She got a $20 gift card for Claire's that Santa gave her (Only $16 on Amazon) and they gave her a 20% off coupon so we're hoping to pick her out some cute ones soon.


This was up off of Smelter. We seriously haven't had much snow this year and its lame. It's been in the 40s and even over 50. That's like CA winter. And it doesn't look like its getting cold anytime soon. So boring! We got excited when it looked like it was snowing so we drove a little closer to the mountains to see if it was.


Little punks


Charlotte actually talked to Santa at Scott's work party this year.



So did Jack... kind of. He was going on about something but who knows what! :)



These are like two smoothie staples for me. These help keep me full and they are a really good price at Costco. Love Costco for carrying more organic type stuff.


My parent's dog, Jetta. She's a baby and I love her. What a punk!


My dad won a tv at his work party that was like 40 in or something so they gave us their old one. We finally have a flat screen. I must say, it is quite nice! We moved some stuff out of our room and put our entertainment system in there with the tv we had in the living room. The one from our bedroom is in the basement now. Then we just slid the coffee table over and its more open in the living room now which I really like. Also, so much easier to exercise each morning!


This was the sunset Christmas Eve. I think it was the next day we had snow and it was so nice to finally get something. But what a gorgeous sunset over the Stansbury Mountains!

 
Nolan got straw glasses for Christmas so he tested them out with chocolate milk.


Still one of my favorite Christmas candies. We always got these in our stockings and I'm continuing the tradition.


Most of the time Toby is a big baby. He crawled up on Scott's lap. What a punk dog. Haha!


We discovered the local hispanic market sells empanada wrappers. So Christmas Eve we did empanadas. I had some left over so a few days later I made some more. So good!


Another fun candy we like to put in the kid's stockings. They are the Kinder Happy Hippo. So cute and super yummy. Thank you Cost Plus for stocking this stuff.


Over the break we got way into cooperative games. This is Elder Sign. They are kind of complicated but seriously fun. I spent many late nights playing games with my bro and his kids. Can't wait for them to come back so we can play again!


These boys and kindles. Thoroughly entertained.


This was from when we went sledding after that one really good storm on Christmas and the day or two that followed. I have more below.



This was another cool game. It is called Pandemic. Really fun to play.


This one is Flashpoint. My brother bought a couple expansions for this and we played it most.


Gross right? I have no idea how this happened. My best guess is that there was one night I was showering then going to head to my parent's to play games late. My contacts were bugging me because I got conditioner or shampoo in my eye. So I went to take them out and soak them and one was kind of suctioning. I finally got it out but didn't notice anything. I ended up just putting in a new pair of contacts and then headed over to play games. Everything seemed fine that night when I took the new pair out. The next morning I put my contacts in and my eye was so creepy looking! This was about 2 days after. It was even worse! Then it got better and now its fine. It was so odd. It never hurt. It just looked super gross.


Charlotte and I painted one morning. I made Scott a picture :)


These are so good. I am amazed I walked out of Trader Joe's last time without grabbing another bag.


Kicked off Scott's first paycheck of the year by loading up on the healthy stuff. I'll go into that more in another post.

 
One of my snacks I can't handle anymore. I'm almost positive I'm lactose intolerant. Nothing like severe but dairy is definitely an issue for me now. Also will be addressed in said separate post.


Creamy red quinoa with pepitas. It is also only on my list if I can use almond milk or another non dairy milk.


I did my best at saving all my receipts last year. I'm sure I didn't get every single one but came pretty close. Trying to be a little more detailed with taxes but I don't think I spend enough! Haha! That is a good thing. I'll probably have to do the standard deduction for sales tax.


Those are my white hairs. Totally white. Awesome. I will no longer be dying my hair. Going all natural from here on out until it all changes over in the future.


My parents have new feathery friends. First it was this owl. Now there are two. My mom thinks they're western screech owls. They are so cute and my mom says they keep coming back. Lots of fun critters! Sadly one of their dotties did die. They were gone for like 20 min and they found her dead by the coop. They don't think it was a wild animal because she wasn't torn up and the body was there. Its possible it was the neighbors dog because their neighbors animals are constantly ending up in my parents yard. Dogs just shake them until their neck breaks. They don't think she was sick. There was no sign of illness. Just very weird. So they're down another. Poor little dotty.


Our stake did a luncheon at the Lion House for everyone who received their YW medallion this past year. It was fun to get to go with a couple of our girls and leaders. It was a really nice day and actually kind of warm.



We were walking to school one day and it looked like this. How totally awesome. I did use a filter on this but the rays were so cool looking.


Charlotte wanted to make her own snack after school yesterday. I still had to kind of help but she was cute.


We went to see the temple lights this year while it was still warm. We had a couple weeks where it actually got really cold like single digits and teens but it wasn't long. Did make for a more enjoyable time with the crowds for the lights though. It was only in the 40s maybe?




 
Could not fix the glowing eyes, dang it. But they had fun. Charlotte was so excited to see the temple and walk up by the door.

Rick came with us too so that was fun. The kids love having him around.


I'm always amazed at the detail that went in to the Salt Lake temple and I just love the door knobs. So cool.











We were able to kind of make a slide with the snow piled up from the driveway





Once we got a good amount of snow it stayed cold long enough to keep it around so we could sled. My nieces and nephew really wanted to go sledding so we went to the park by our house. They have a decent hill to play on and it wasn't too busy.






Charlotte thought she was hot stuff going down by herself. She had a blast.



I told Scott to bring his snowboard but he didn't so he used my boogie board instead. Glad my boogie boards can still be put to use!



We got Jack to sled a bit but he kept wanting to play on the playground



Scott hates when I take pictures of him :)




This boogie board is my plastic bottom one and its really slick on snow. Super fun to slide on. I'm not skilled enough to keep my balance. I always fall on it but Scott's got mad skills.



Nolan cracks me up. He makes friends wherever he goes and he was having fun trying to help these kids build a bump.



Notice Scott's gloves... hahaha... yeah they're mine. Roxy with purple stars. Haha! Charlotte's kept coming off so she wore his and I offered him mine because in the sun it was actually kind of warm so I just use my liner gloves.



Glad I took a bunch of pics in the snow because we have had nothing since. We've gotten rain down here and all our snow is melted. It's been a really boring winter. I guess as long as the mountains have what we need for summer.


Our kids... Toby included :)





No comments: