Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The last two months in pictures




Yesterday was some crazy weather. We had lots of lightning and thunder and it poured pretty good. I got a couple pics of some good rain bands.





My brother in law and his wife just welcomed in their third last week. This is Breelie and she is TINY! She was like 5 1/2 lbs. Babies are small anyway but I forget how tiny they are when they're under 6 lbs. She looks a lot like her sister, at least I think so :) Her tiny little cries are so cute too!


 We had bought a groupon for the natural history museum. We all go in for like $21 or something like that. We had to use it before it expired so we went there on Friday once Scott got off work. I love spending time together. Especially when we get to go places and do fun stuff. The kids had fun and then we stopped by to have dinner with my parent's.









 I've spent a lot of time at my parent's since my mom had her surgery. I've been helping her since she had her knee replacement and seen some neat weather and beautiful sunsets.







This crazy storm moved in super fast. I just barely finished feeding the animals and hadn't even gotten the cat in yet but I had to carry him because it was pouring and windy and he was not going by himself.


 We've had a problem with doves getting into the chicken yard. They can't get out unless you catch them. They get tired quick so its easy to catch them but they get so scared. It's fun to hold doves though! I've caught at least 5 so far. Yesterday the one I caught stayed sitting on my hand for a couple minutes before flying off. They're so cute!



 There are these cement things around the arena and the European starlings love building nests in them.

 My parent's dog, Jetta, has been such a baby since my mom's surgery. She can't wait for things to get back to normal.


 Some more of our pictures from youth conference :)


 There was one day we were so tired and this just seemed hilarious. This is at the top of the stairs on the floor we were on.






 While my mom was in the hospital I sent her some pictures. Jetta hates the rain and hates thunder (as you can see in the picture below) but she wanted to play and be with someone so bad she braved it all!

 This is what the chickens do when they're ready to have dinner and go in the coop.

 This is what happens when you upset Raptor. He really went after me and left some good bruises :)





 Chloe came out for Memorial day and rode Dovey bareback and took Charlotte for a ride.
 We also discovered a swarm of bees in my parent's trees and a couple days later contacted a beekeeper from their old ward who took them.


 I absolutely love this dutch apple pie. It is sooooo good. It haunts you in your sleep!

 We had a really neat opportunity to go to a Niuean hair cutting ceremony. Two houses down live the Kioa's. Their mom is Niuean. In their culture the boys grow their hair and then cut it to symbolize coming into manhood. Normally they do it at a younger age but Maka waited until he was 18. They had a ton of family come out and it was really neat to see how many people loved them. Such a neat experience and I love this family. They are great neighbors and so kind and caring and loving. They welcome everyone into their family and I love having their girls in YW with me.





 For our anniversary Scott and I went out to dinner and got my rings cleaned and couple batteries replaced in my Roxy watches. It had been years since my rings were cleaned and they needed to be dipped again. They look so good!


 I love The Roof and their desserts. Such a good night!








No comments: