Saturday, March 27, 2010

"If April showers bring May flowers, what does March snow bring?"

I am really sick of the cold and the snow. Winter is over it's time for spring... let's warm up! It's supposed to be 68 on Monday so I'm really excited. That would be a great day for a bike ride! I've been out walking myself but we've only taken Charlotte on a couple walks because the temp just keeps dropping back down. Tomorrow Charlotte will officially be 11 months old. So crazy how fast time goes! I already have a birthday shirt for her to wear on her bday but I have to decide what we're gonna do. We thought about just inviting all our family over that night for cake and ice cream. I think I'll do a classic chocolate cake. The Hershey's recipe on their cocoa boxes is really good and I can do a chocolate cool whip filling. I also thought about a funfetti cake. Those are really yummy and I have this cute flower shaped pan that used to be my Grandma Zapka's (Charlotte's actually). So that'd be kinda fun and I could decorate it cute. I'm just not sure. It'll be fun though. She gets around so quick. We've caught her standing on her own for just a couple seconds. I really would love for her to walk before we go to Cali but if not, oh well. I think it would make things a little easier but no rush.

Scott and I are almost done with basketball. My girls made it to the quarter finals. They did so awesome and we had so much fun with them! They are all so positive too. After they lost (we were undefeated until then!) they were all saying it's ok, we did awesome and we played hard. They are just such good examples and I love 'em all so much! Scott is done with the men's games. They had a rough last game. One of the guys got kicked out. It was kinda scary I thought a fight was gonna break out. So our men lost. The young men are still in it. They don't play again for like a week and a half. Hopefully they do well in their playoffs. We've had so much fun working with the youth in sports. The youth are just fun to begin with and since Scott and I enjoy sports so much it makes it even better.

I was trying to remember what happened since I last wrote. I did get to go to lunch with 3 girls I used to work with (Barbara, Melinda and Natasha). They all got to meet Charlotte for the first time. It was so fun to see them and just talk. I miss them all. We had some good times at Lee's. Lot's of fun memories and good laughs. They made work fun! On the way home I decided to drive through West Valley (funny thing to say... who wants to drive through there ever) to find this store and I witnessed a road rage incident involving like 3 cars. I called the cops and gave 'em some info but I was so scared. I was seriously waiting for this one dude to pull a gun on this other car. He got out at a stop light and went up to their window and was freaking out. I was mainly nervous cuz Charlotte was in the car. So after they stalked this car and ran red lights and what not I finally got the cops on the phone and gave 'em the best info I could. I thought I saw another guy on the phone kinda following them so hopefully he was doing the same and could help more. Kinda scary but I survived and we were safe.

Oh and one more thing I remembered, I dunno if anyone has seen Gentlemen Broncos. It's kinda dumb but made by the people who did Napoleon Dynamite. Scott and I rented it because the majority of it was filmed here in the Tooele Valley. It's funny seeing the house that's just off the highway behind the drive in. The guy that lives there owns the drive in and the Ritz movie theater where they also filmed. It's kinda neat just seeing stuff around here. I see stuff in movies and shows that is filmed in so cal and Simi but it's neat to see something from around here. I do love watching The Biggest Loser though cuz it's filmed in Simi and kinda makes me miss that scenery. I love the Santa Susana mountains there and Rocky Peak. Plus all the surrounding areas. If anyone didn't know, it is filmed where I used to live. The ranch is called Humming Bird Nest Ranch. When you're hiking Rocky Peak you can see it from the trails and there is a trail called Hummingbird Nest Trail. Chloe and I discovered it hiking not too long before we moved to Utah. It's just kinda cool to see and It's a beautiful ranch. Here's the link: http://www.hummingbirdnestranch.com/index.html

Anyway, I have a bunch of pics like always of my pretty little girl I love so much. So here ya go...


















I like the winking look








My mom had bought her some new clothes and this was one of 'em. Nice and summery









She got a ton of food in her hair so I had to try and get it out then it all just started sticking up. Love it






I love seeing her like this when I get up in the morning. Lately it hasn't been this bright though because she likes to get up at 6 or 630









For a few days she kept doing this weird sound where she breathes is (which she does a lot of) but she had been making this funny face when she did it. I was kinda able to get it in this pic





Charlotte and Scott with her little robe on










After the young men's last bball game, the other coaches wife got cupcakes for the boys. They were St. Patrick's Day cupcakes and they gave us one to share with Charlotte. She enjoyed it.





I love how much she smiles







I changed her saucer so she can play in it and this is what she likes to do now. So funny, she used to rock in that thing







She looks all punk here. I gave her a faux hawk and she made a funny face









This was last Sat. I forgot to mention we went up with Scott's mom to see Scott's sis in law, Ashlee and her kids while his bro and dad were in Moab. We went out to eat at Burger King and Charlotte got her first crown. The other kids are Charlotte's cousins, Mylee and Ryan.





This is just Scott and Charlotte at Burger King









This is Charlotte out for a walk last Sunday. It was a nice day so we thought we'd just take a short walk around the neighborhood.









Naked baby playing with her toys in the tub. She loves to stand in the tub but it always makes me nervous.









Charlotte is on this kick with sticking out her tongue. So goofy.










I've been starting to put pigtails in her hair so I tried to get a pic










Another pig tails pic. They're tiny but cute.










Proud father. This was at Mark and Ashlee's. We hope she likes bball as much as we do. She was able to kinda throw the ball in the hoop. It took a while but she did it once or twice.


No comments: