Sunday, October 10, 2010
Day 7 of 30 part 1
For today.... my definition of love.....well I once wrote a poem my senior year in my english class that would've described it really well.... but of course I can't find it. But there is a quote in our living room I really like. One of Scott's friend's mom (Jana Roberts) had made it for us with our pic from our announcement. It is really cute and I have it on our dvd shelf. It says “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I totally agree with that. Especially with the beliefs I have. I think most people that read this are members so you'd probably understand. I was was not married for time, I was sealed to my husband and any children we'd have for time AND all eternity. The reason we love each other so much isn't just because we both think the other is hot or because we share the same interests. It's because we have the same beliefs and same goal in mind. We love each other so much that we want to be with each other forever. We try to do the things we've been taught and want to have the best reward in the next life. So we are living the best we can now "looking outward together in the same direction" so that we can achieve that goal and be together forever. It's not always easy and things won't always be perfect. But when you truly love someone, you will do what's necessary to be with them. You make sacrifices......hopefully that makes sense. I'm kinda tired and have a headache so sorry if it doesn't come across well. But I think you get the point :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment