Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shopping, a birthday, a hoop, and a couple pics

The weather has been so nice recently. I love that its warming up. I get to ride my bike more. I decided to take Charlotte on a ride with me. She was in desperate need of new church shoes and a new bike helmet. So we rode down to Walmart and found some. Everything they had has a little heel but we found some cute white sandals she could wear. Unfortunately now the velcro on one side doesn't stay so I've got to see if I can return them. We ended up getting her some flip flops too for a couple bucks. Then I decided we should pick her out a bathing suit too. So Charlotte picked out one with strawberries. She wanted Ariel but they didn't have one in her side. Then she almost went with Hello Kitty but finally settled on strawberries. Then we went down to look at helmets. They only had one in a 3 yr old + size (this is why we need more stores out here... word on the street is Target is coming and it'll be practically down the road from us!). Of course the one helmet they had happened to come with this horn you could honk so that has become an annoyance but I hid it in her toys for now :) I think she had fun though just hanging out with mom and getting to pick out some stuff.

My dad had his 58th bday on the 5th. We got together and did dinner and just hung out. On Saturday he came over to help us finish getting our hoop up. We've had the hoop that used to be in the backyard of Scott's grandparents. Scott really wanted it when he heard they were getting rid of it to put their deck in. So we've had it sitting on the side of our house for a while now. We dug a hole last year for it but never got around to putting it up. But finally we started on it a couple weekends ago. We poured some cement for the base and my dad welded this pipe on for an extension since when they cut it it would have been shorter than 10 ft. Then we finally got it lifted up into place and more cement poured and now it is awesome. We've been out the last couple evenings. Scott and I love to play one on one and he's beat me each time. Although I usually barely lose. He's just so much faster than me. Hopefully as we play more my reflexes will get better. My shooting has already improved and I can feel my strength coming back. Its so nice to have that up and I just love it.

We also were able to get a new mailbox. Ours was so sad looking. It was black and beat up and falling off the post. I got a white one that is bigger and now its attached perfectly. It blends in better. I think I might get some custom vinyl made for it to make it a little more personal. I was also able to replant some of my house plants so they have bigger pots with fresh soil and things are coming together nicely. There is still sooooo much I want to do outside but we lack the funds to buy anything. But hopefully we can get there.

And here are some pictures I took recently:
Jackson dude in his sweet Rolling Stones onesie I found on clearance at Old Navy

 Charlotte has these Yo Gabba Gabba beanie babies and one day it clicked that she didn't have DJ Lance Rock. So she'd pretend that she'd have one and hold it up. She said that he was always in her tent. Well my mom found a stuffed one and decided to get it for her. We hid it in her tent and asked her to go get him from there. She went down there and it was quiet for a min. So Chloe went down and she said she was just staring at it like she couldn't believe it. We finally got her to come down and tried to get pics but she got all shy and goofy. But she loves having the complete collection now.

No comments: